Kontos® against mealybugs, whiteflies, and leafminers by Dr. Carlos Bogran
A look at how Kontos insecticide with a new revised label fares against mealybugs, whiteflies, aphids and other pests.
The Kontos specimen label has recently been altered to include the following:
- Control of immature stages of thrips
- Drench and foliar spray labeling for outdoor applications at 1.7 to 3.4 fluid ounces per 100 gallon of water
- Removal of aerial application
- Efficacy of Kontos compared well with several other products against a variety of insect pests, including mealybugs, whiteflies, and leafminers.
- Based on efficacy and novel mode of action , Kontos is a great tool for insecticide resistance mitigation and management of these important pests.
- Insect control by Kontos is slow but long lasting.
- It is best used against small populations or early in the crop cycle
Tags: aphids, Carlos Bogran, Kontos, mealybugs, whiteflies